Place & communities
Renaisi was founded in 1998 to deliver large long-term neighbourhood regeneration programmes. We managed the investment of millions of pounds of investment into place through programmes like Single Regeneration Budget, New Deal for Communities and Neighbourhood Renewal Funding.
As the policy and funding landscape has changed so has the place-based work we do. Most of our activity now is helping economically excluded people directly or supporting other social organisations to develop or evaluate their own activity with people and communities, but place is still the lens through which we consider all of our work.
It has defined most of our 21 years and we understand the nuances of it better than most.
Senior Project Manager
Head of Learning
Questions and ideas
We’re interested in exploring:
- What it takes to improve a place.
- How we can support the growth of the social economy through better use of data and insight.
- If national organisations can never be truly place-based, how can we help them to bring their assets into local communities?
- How can we nurture rich, cooperative relationships between organisations in places?
- How can public spend deliver local ambitions while supporting the growth of local organisations that make up the social economy?
- What can be done to support communities and local organisations to engage with and deliver locally-led social action on the issues that matter to them?