Place-based & systemic change
Shift power and perspectives for sustainable change
Lots of funding, policy, research, and current practice is designed and structured to focus on issues (homelessness, offending, public health) or cohorts (unemployed people, refugees, young people). That’s a problem if you really want address root causes to drive inclusive, sustainable change.
We use place and systems change approaches to boundary complex problems and identify:
- the root causes specific to a problem in a place or system
- the way people are experiencing that problem
- other relevant people and organisations in the place or system that can help solve the problem.
How we help
Our team can help you build the capacity to deliver, learn about or evaluate place-based and systemic change. We can also facilitate the change alongside you.
Our expertise is grounded in practical experience of people and places. We have delivered multi-sector initiatives, facilitated learning and built the capacity of organisations doing place-based or systemic work, and evaluated that change.
We recognise that place-based and systemic work is innovative, long-term and complex, and that it often starts with one or two pioneers. We act as a bridge between those pioneers and the people that need to be persuaded to buy into change.
Our bespoke and cutting approach, usually involves six phases:
- Understanding the unique context of the place or system
- Intention setting to build a shared vision for change
- Connecting and developing equitable relationships
- Testing the approach and adapting to suit local or system needs
- Delivering, facilitating or advising on the
- Ensuring a legacy that supports continued growth
Place-based and systemic change in action
Start your journey towards inclusive sustainable change with our leading place based and systemic change services. We’re here to help you move forward.
- Want to find out more?
- Contact Lily O’Flynn on: