As Principal Consultant for Place-based Evaluation & Learning, Lily uses accessible, inclusive approaches that enable people delivering place-based work to reveal, understand and make sense of change in their area.
With over a decade of experience in funding and evaluating place-based projects and programmes, Lily is passionate about involving local people in shaping the places they live and work.
Lily has significant experience working with grassroots organisations. She uses patient, participatory approaches to support learning and evaluation, as well as capacity building to empower local people and partners to lead the change they want to see in their community.
She is adept at using both qualitative and quantitative research, and developmental learning techniques to understand and make sense of micro and macro-level change.
Lily’s approachable style makes complex change and learning accessible for everyone involved.
Lily’s work at Renaisi
Lily leads Renaisi’s portfolio of place-based evaluations and learning. She balances precision with pragmatism, for some of the UK’s largest and most ambitious place-based change programmes.
Lily is uniquely experienced in long-term developmental approaches to place-based change and shares her expertise through localised capacity building and at national conferences. Lily also runs learning networks that allow people and organisations to learn from each other, share good practice, and work together more cohesively.
Lily leads the Consultancy Team alongside other Principal Consultants and is also one of our social event planners.
- Place-based evaluations and learning partnerships
- Place-based frameworks and methodologies
- Developmental learning approaches
- Participatory approaches
- Training and capacity building
- Project Director for the evaluation and learning partnership of DCMS and the National Lottery Community Fund – Place Based Social Action programme
- Project Director for the evaluation of Power to Change’s Empowering Places Programme
- Learning partner for Youth Endowment Fund’s Neighbourhood Fund
- Consultant for Local Trust’s Measuring Change programme
- Learning Partner for funding collaboration LocalMotion until early 2022
- Evaluating Change for Empowering Places
- Five Challenges of Evaluating Place-Based Change for New Local
- Digital workshop: evaluating place-based change
- Transferable ideas to empower people and improve places
- Converting crisis responses to COVID-19 into sustainable community-led action
- 19 places respond to COVID-19