Social Action & Volunteering
We understand the context volunteering takes place in, and the value it can create, not just for the beneficiaries but also for the volunteer and the wider community.
- We help charities and corporates to create or develop their volunteering offers.
- We advise funders on thinking strategically about volunteering and social action in different sectors and communities.
- We support government learning through the Place Based Social Action Programme and the #iwill fund learning hub.
- We’ve also evaluated a range of approaches to enabling participation that may not be considered ‘volunteering’ such as citizen assemblies.
Questions and ideas
We’re interested in exploring:
- How social action can be used to help more people feel a part of their community.
- What the next phases of youth social action look like for young people’s employment prospects, wellbeing and connection to their communities.